Thursday, October 2, 2008

"I'm a PC"

After taking a beating from Apple over the past few years Microsoft appears to be pushing back. The success of the PC vs. Mac commericals have helped build the Apple brand and position PC as old, business types, un-stylish, and out of touch. The new ads from Microsoft are attempt to change that image by featuring people from all walks of life to say "I'm a PC." In particular, the commericals use stars like Pharrel Williams of the Neptunes to connect with younger users and push back on Mac's claim that PC is not stylish. I think its a good campaign because it reminds consumers that you can have a PC and still be hip and cool, PC's aren't just for Excel spreadsheet nerds!

1 comment:

Newvalleygirl said...

I saw the Apple commercial. Do you have the link to "I'm PC"?